Great information from our friends over at #CND, reposted for your convenience.
1. What is CND Shellac?
CND Shellac Power Polish™ is a breakthrough, patent-pending technology that combines the ease of polish with the performance of gels. No other products in the market can stand up to the claims – 14+ Day Wear. Mirror Shine. Zero Dry Time. No Nail Damage.* (Really!)
2. What can I expect to pay for a CND Shellac service in a salon?
The service price for CND Shellac will vary depending on the price structure & profile of the salon. Salons in most markets will position CND Shellac as an upgrade to existing services, charging approximately 50% more.
** SHELLAC MANICURES AT MODERN CONCEPTS SALON ARE $38 **
3. Is the CND Shellac formula “3-Free”?
Yes. CND Shellac does not include Formaldehyde, Toluene or DBP (Dibutyl Phthalate).
4. Is there any odor to CND Shellac?
A slight odor may be noticeable upon application but not as strong as nail polish. After curing in the lamp, residual odor does not remain.
5. Does CND Shellac damage nails?
Nail damage can be avoided by following the proper CND Shellac removal process of utilizing CND Shellac Remover Wraps or the cotton and foil removal method. CND Shellac was developed and tested for years and our experience shows that the best product removal should not include soaking in bowls of acetone or filing of the natural nail.
6. Will CND Shellac last longer than 14 days?
Yes. You will notice a “line of demarcation” as your natural nail grows away from the cuticle. We recommend adhering to a 14 day re-application appointment, as the adhesion will increase if worn past this point, making the removal process a little more lengthy.
7. Can I use soaps or other personal grooming products without affecting the wearability of CND Shellac?
Yes. CND Shellac was developed and tested to withstand the rigors of daily wear.
8. Are there any negative side effects of the frequency of removal with CND Shellac?
No, not as long as the system is being used correctly. Some people may experience drying, so we highly recommend using SolarOil™ daily to keep nails conditioned.
9. Can CND Shellac be used over my enhancements (acrylics and gel)?
Yes. Your Nail Professional can incorporate a CND Shellac service with both Liquid & Powder and Gel enhancement services.
10. Can I remove my own CND Shellac?
To ensure the health of the natural nail, CND Shellac is a professional only service and only trained Nail Professionals should apply & remove CND Shellac.
11. How do I keep my nails moisturized and hydrated?
Use SolarOil daily to keep nails and cuticles moisturized.
12. Can CND Shellac be mixed with other “gel polish” systems?
No! CND Shellac was designed as a system and must be used as a system, including CND Shellac Base Coat, Color Coat, Top Coat and the CND UV Lamp.
13. How can I guarantee I receive the REAL CND Shellac service?
When you have a revolutionary product like CND Shellac, there are sure to be “me-too” products that claim to be the same and salons that are claiming to provide “CND Shellac” services, but are really using a lower quality gel product. It’s important for you, the consumer, to know how you can spot a phony and why it’s important to demand the REAL “CND Shellac”.
- LOOK: for the CND Shellac Certified Pro logo. Check our Salon Locator on cnd.com to find a salon in your area.
- ASK: the salon if they use CND Shellac products.
- WATCH: the products that are being used during the service and ensure you are receiving the REAL CND Shellac service.